CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Montana travels

I'm sitting here waiting for Glenda to come get me and thought I would post some of the pictures we took on our way here. We decided to go through Montana, my favorite place in the whole world, instead of going the same way we always go to get anywhere. We have had a lot of fun camping and seeing old places I have lived as well as new places we definitely want to go back to. Just to let you know, the pictures really don't do it justice. We have been traveling through some amazingly beautiful country! I thought I would post some anyway. I hope you can see the beauty in spite of our lack of camera's ability to take awesome pictures.

Couldn't get the pictures to download for some reason, so will try again later.

It's now 9/15 and I'm just getting back to posting. Here are pictures of our trip. We both really want to get back. We loved it up there. Especially around Drummond, where we attended church.
This is in Drummond, MT. We thought it was a funny sign, but a beautiful little town. We continued to drive up the road, forget what it is, admiring the quiet beauty all around. We headed west off the freeway to find a campground for the night and just relax. Bill got excited when we saw this ski resort off in the distance.
Eventually (the next day) we started to go to check out the ski resort but the road was in horrible condition, it was pouring rain and lots of mud, so he decided not to do it, since we had the camper. Below are a couple of different pictures of the campground we stayed at. It was so beautiful, in spite of the hail that we had. That's Montana for you. August and hailing. Gotta love it!

We found out the next day that the lake was huge and very pretty all around.
Here is the view from the church. It was so serene I just wanted to sit for awhile. I guess it was still green because it has rained every day this summer, very unusual, but makes for beautiful green fields.

Then off we went towards Bozeman and the Gallatin Canyon, one of my favorite places. It is so beautiful. Here we are heading from 4-corners, which I have to say is barely recognizable it is so built up. It was kind of sad to see how much it has been developed, though the pictures probably don't show that, at least not here at the mouth of the canyon, but there were houses all over in the canyon that weren't there before. I know, it was bound to happen, but still sad.

Isn't it beautiful, even with those huge storm clouds!!! Those mountains. What a beautiful earth we have been given.
When we finally get to the Big Sky turnout, my mouth dropped open, I couldn't believe what I saw... A LIGHT!
I couldn't believe it. I hope it is temporary since there was road construction going on, but as we camped on the Gallatin River that night the traffic was crazy busy, so maybe not. Now for the really sad pictures of Big Sky. It reminded me of Aspen. It is so sad. I guess there is a place up there called the Yellowstone Club or something like that. It is a Billionaire's club. Heard about it talking to someone that works there. I guess it's horrible, though I'm sure beautiful. It's on some falls that we used to cross country ski to, it was a wonderful place.




Can you see all the condos and houses? There aren't even a fourth of what is now in Meadow Village and on the way to the Mountain Village. When I was there, there weren't any houses between the two.
At least this place is still there.
You know, sometimes it's best not to go back, keep it the way it was. I still love the Gallatin Canyon and I had a great time talking to my old boss, Mike Schultz, at Bucks T-4, but the changes were so drastic and very sad.


I'm going to start a new post with the rest of our Montana pictures. I'm tired of having to scroll down forever for every picture. Does anyone know how to make your pictures just pop right where the cursor is instead of all the way at the top and then adding tones of space between paragraphs? Would love to know if you don't mind sharing! Besides, forgot to add some of the Gallatin River, so will do that too.

0 comments: