CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 20, 2008

Our Temple Weekend

One weekend a month Shirley Kilmer and I serve in the Medford Oregon Temple. It is one of the most wonderful experiences of my life. I knew I would love doing it, but never really realized how much it would actually change my life. My only wish is that we lived closer than 3-1/2 hours away and could go more often.

If you want to know more about Temples--click here

I have met some wonderful people who have opened their homes for us to stay the night, as well as those I serve with in the Temple. We work Friday evening shift and then early Saturday morning shift before heading home. It is actually in Central Point, Oregon. My life has been blessed by serving there. I can't even begin to explain it, but it is a choice experience that I hope will last a lifetime, in which ever temple we are living near. Here is another picture of it.

When it was first being built Lyn Winona and I would take our kids, Zach, Maddie, Dustin and Jenny Eichelberger and Hailie Mulder. We went to the ground breaking, corner stone. I can't remember all of it. I'll try to figure out how to copy a 12x12 scrapbook page I have of it to show some pictures. Does anyone have any idea on how to do that?

The Portland Oregon Temple is closer to us by about 1/2 an hour, but because we live the farthest north in our Stake (which goes from Florence, which is about at the Central Oregon Coast point down to the California Border), the Medford Temple is closer for everyone else. I keep trying to tell people we need one centrally located on the Coast and that Florence would be a wonderful spot. We just happen to have a few acres for sale next door. Why won't anyone listen!!! :)

It is a wonderful weekend and is always hard to leave. We have a great time and just chat up a storm about so many things going there and back. It has been a fun thing to do with Shirley.

Here is a try at scanning an 8-1/2 x 11, but it came out short for some reason, but I did get it in. It had trouble reading the SD disk. Anyway, you get the idea.

6 comments:

Brooke said...

Awesome. It looks like you figured out the link. We went to a pumpkin patch tonight and got back late.

Paige said...

Someday I hope I can work in the temple. It sounds wonderful! Good job with the link!

Libby said...

What a fun time to go with Shirley! Tell her I love her. She is amazing...like you

LuckyMatt said...

We'd go to the temple more often if only we lived a little closer, too...

Beth said...

Awesome :) That would be so cool. I remember when Kyle and I were dating, he worked in the San Diego temple once a week and he was ALWAYS in the best mood that day.. That's so neat that you get to do that.

Patti said...

What a neat experience and I'm sure it is wonderful to spend time with Shirley. Tell her I said HELLO! I might do this when our Temple is built. It will only be about 15 minutes away!