CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Chip and Andrea

Chip and Andrea came over a few days ago to visit. We love it when they come over, we have a lot of fun visiting with them. It doesn't happen often enough, but we love it when it does. I FINALLY got Chips socks done and gave them to him. He found my camera and messed with it. He now officially knows how to work it better than I do. Because he had the camera all night he is the one who took the pictures. Here are some pictures of his socks, which fit perfectly I may add (yeah!): I actually took the first ones of both of them, you can tell the self portrait ones.


Don't they look nice, and notice the fit? They seem to fit perfectly. They were a lot of fun to knit, especially since I constantly thought of him while doing it. They took me forever to finish, but that was because I knit them twice. I got all the way to the toe and realized they were way too big. Well, I knew that before and kept mentioning this to my knitting guru and she kept saying, no they will be fine, no problem, they'll fit. I kept looking at them and saying Chips legs just aren't this big around. Well, I should have trusted my gut because by the time I got to the toes (1-1/2" to the end) I realized I was right AND I ran out of yarn. Not a good thing. So, ripped them all out and started over (good practice since these are just my second pair of socks) and these went way faster and fit. Yeah! He seemed to like them. I'll call him in a day or two and see if he has worn them much and see if he still does. I think Andrea would like a pair, so I will make her some too. I'll post them when I get them done. For those of you who don't know Andrea, here is a picture Chip took of her when goofing around. We really love this girl. She is so fun to be around. She is easy going and so busy with work and school. I love both of my daughters-in-law actually, they are great gals!

The other part of their family is Lucy, but I don't have a picture of Lucy, wait, I might if I can figure out how to get it out of an e-mail...





I can't believe I figured it out. I had to copy it to my jump drive. Really, I don't know how to do anything like that on my computer.

So, this is Lucy. Isn't she cute! I love her bark, if you can call it that. It kind of sounds like a bark with a cold, kind of part bark, part howl. It makes me laugh whenever I hear her. I just wish I had 1/4 of her energy, though that might be too much. She's calming down a little bit as she gets older, but she is still excited to see people. She is very friendly.

Well, better get off and finish something else. I may add, I got everything done on my list today, it was a good day, storming like crazy, but good. Oh, here are the cookies I made today. (Not even on my list) They are the most yummy cookies and usually are the only ones I make. They have chocolate chips, oatmeal and peanut butter in them. I don't eat cookies usually, but the family likes them.


How do you like the tray? My sister Alana sent it to me for my birthday. Isn't it great! Thought I would show you my pumpkin pillow I made a few years ago since it was sitting right there.
Hope you have a nice night! More happening of life continuing on while I'm sick in the next day or two.
Okay, so when I posted everything was all jumbled up, so I hope I have it fixed now. Let's see.
Well, it didn't quite fix. So here is a question for all you people that know what you are doing. How do I make the part of my blog where the posts go, wider? I would also like to know how to make it a three column so I can add a calendar of events to a blog. If anyone knows how to do this or where there is a tutorial is, I would appreciate it. If it is a long thing, you can email me at luscott@peacehealth.org. Thanks. I need help! Might as well as one more thing. I want to know how to put like a 9 patch of pictures together and then when you drag your curser over them the one gets larger. Do you know what I mean? How do I do that?

5 comments:

Patti said...

Dang, where's Chip?!?! I wanted to see Chip. LOVE the socks... you are so talented. You should post your cookie recipe - they looked yummy.

Luell said...

Oh, I was going to tell you that. I didn't get a picture of Chip because he had the camera the whole time, I mean the whole time! I'll get one soon. I've been meaning to go to his house and get pictures of his new backyard he has been working so hard on, I'll get one then. It is crazy storming this week, so it might be awhile, but I will. I promise.

Julie M. said...

I ditto that, I wanted to see Chip too! :)

Awesome job on the socks! I wish I would have the patience to learn and stick to it. Maybe when I'm done with diapers?

And I know how to make 3 columns, but it's not too easy. I'll email you. Granted it may not be until tonight! :)

Paige said...

You have to post your cookie recipe. They sound really good. I haven't seen a picture of Chip in a long time, hopefully soon!

Cathy Lloyd said...

Oh the socks are FABULOUS! My sister knit me some pink ones like that and I love them! Love reading your blog. Yup! We need pictures of Chip. It was nice to see one of Andrea!