CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Ward Carnival

I'm back and I have a couple of things to share.


First, I have been sick! It hasn't been fun, let me tell you. It was only a cold, I think, but it took me down for days, not even able to work. Then even a week later I was getting such bad chills my ribs hurt, if any of you know me, I do not get cold, ever! For days I was so chilled I couldn't get warm. But I'm back and have lots to say, surprised? While I was sick life continued on, as it does for us all.


I was called to help with the Fall Carnival in our ward and I couldn't refuse, she couldn't find anyone to help, so I rounded up Bethany and Lyn and we got it all done. It wasn't really a "Halloween Party" but the kids still dressed up. I just took a couple of pictures before my battery died, but I'll share these. Now just so you can appreciate this picture let me explain it a little bit. This is Calista and Mia. Calista was one of my Beehives 10 years or so ago. I tried like crazy to get her picture, over and over again and all I ever got was the back of her head running away or an arm up over her face. I NEVER got a picture of her. So, when she sat here and I asked if I could take her picture I was SO VERY HAPPY that she just simply said, yes. It's amazing what a baby does to change our outlook. I LOVE this girl and it has been fun watching her grow up to such a beautiful wife and mother. Now you can look at her little burrito. Yes, I said burrito. Isn't she the cutest thing, all wrapped up in a tortilla shell with lettuce, cheese and tomato. I think I have a close up of her, hang on.

Okay, here it is. Isn't she adorable. I guess Carissa made it for her. (Calista's sister)

The carnival was a lot of fun and we had a ton of people show up. It was called Wally Wonka's Most Excellent Carnival, (Wally is our Bishop's name) or something like that. You can see more pictures of it on Bethany and Lyn's blog.

Well there is the first part of my life while sick, more to come soon. I've got to get the rest of these cookies made and get a card made, so I'll be back later today or tomorrow or...as soon as I can. :)

1 comments:

Julie M. said...

That is the cutest costume! I'm glad you're feeling better. Being sick is horrible!