CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 24, 2008

Time for more fun

Where does time go? It's amazing how fast the days go by. I need more weekend days to be able to get more done.

My newest happening is that I got a new calling, or should I say another one since they didn't release me from teaching my class (Gospel Doctrine, which I do every other month). I've been called back to YW, can you believe it! I'm the 2nd Counselor, Go Beehives!!! With all the new young people in our ward it took me totally by surprise. That said, we are going to have a great time! Maren Evans is the President. She was the YW President in Reedsport when I was serving in the Stake YW, so I know her well. Tammy Holmes is the 1st Counselor. She is also incredibly awesome. For those of you who know our ward, Nola Xavier is the Beehive Advisor and teaches the lesson on Sunday. She is a great teacher and a wonderful woman. Marianne Wherity is the Mia Maid and Laurel Advisor and Erin Felt is the PP Leader. They are also great women. So we have a full house, except for a Secretary, but Tammy loves that kind of thing and is wonderful at it, so that will wait.

We had a fun activity last Wednesday. We did a Service Scavenger Hunt. It was so fun. Each act of service had a different number of points. I'm just getting a blog up and running for the girls, so I'll let you know when it is a go and you can see pictures there. Hopefully it will be in a day or two, if the days slow down. Actually Beth is working on a blog banner for me and I've been trying to get all the girls together in one picture, well, that' s not going to happen. So I'll have to add them as I get them.

Last Saturday we had a Temple trip to the Medford Temple. I will share a picture of that. We didn't have everyone there, but we did have a great time. Aren't they a great looking bunch, the kids I mean! Brother Wherity is on the far left, he is the YM President, Brother Larson is one of his counselors and then on the other side, next to me, are the Suckows. I'll go over the kids names on our YW Blog.

During our Presidency meeting today we started talking about the new DVD that just came out "Reflections of Christ". My sister Alana sent it to me before the DVD was out and so I might have forwarded it on to some of you. If you haven't seen it, it is wonderful. I'll try to get it on here so you can watch it. If any of you hear of them touring anywhere in Oregon, Washington or Northern California, would you please let me know. Reflections of Christ:

http://mabrystudios.typepad.com/reflections_of_christ/2008/03/reflections-sli.html

If this doesn't work email me and I'll forward it on to you. I hope you like it as much as I do. If anyone can tell me a better way of sharing it here, let me know.


5 comments:

Leigh said...

Sorry, I work with the photographer of Reflections of Christ. The exhibit is currently in Sacramento. You can find a tour schedule at www.reflectionsofchrist.org.

Patti said...

Such fun memories! I loved YW. Have a wonderful time.

Libby said...

You will wonderful! The girls are so lucky!

Brooke said...

Congrats on your new calling. You are destined for the YW it seems. I still don't have a calling (I was released a few weeks ago) and what was at first very strange and homeless feeling, now feels kind of relaxing and fun.

Hope you had fun in CA.

Alaina Rose M said...

See, how fun is that!! Going to the temple with the youth is SO GREAT!! Not just anyone has this priviledge! You are awesome!