CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 10, 2010

So Social

I thought I would put some pictures of my cute little chicks, that I forgot to take pictures of when I first got them in March or so. Ten little Bard Rock chicks. I love chickens. I can hardly wait until they are old enough to start laying eggs. Hopefully in another month or so.

These hens are the most social hens we have ever had. One of them waits every morning for me to pet her when I'm letting them out of the coup. Today she even seemed to want me to pick her up, so I did, she loved it. They even come running up to Max and Penny when they are out there with me. Don't they know Max is a cat and birds are his favorite thing to eat????? They have even come up to him and touched his nose. What is with that!!!
They love to go nose to nose with Penny too.
Penny loves these girls, but really I think she just likes to eat their poop. It really must be way yummy.
See, they love her! Way social!
So Max has pretty much had it with these girls. I'm sure he is thinking about the others behind him and how he is going to make his escape. But then....
they chase him when he makes his move. Seriously, these girls will probably walk up to the first coyote or Bobcat they see and try to make friends. NOT a good thing! I need them to grow up and give me nice big brown eggs, Yum!

0 comments: